You may also use the glossary to help you. It includes 10 pages of interactive notes and graphic organizers that students can fill out to learn about the events surrounding World War 1. endstream endobj 21 0 obj <>stream He also tried to unite Germany and Austria with the Anschluss (1938). The Treaty of Versailles created a small army full of monarchist officers, a state within a state that remained hostile to the democratic Weimar Republic and that succeeding German governments didn't engage with. From that point forward, Hitler was the dictator of Germany. Of course at the time, Winston Churchill, no longer in Government from the early 1930s, was a significant critic of the Munich Agreement which allowed Germany to take over Sudetenland in Czechoslovakia an attempt to prevent a war. Students later examine a drawing which presents him differently. 6. 0000236110 00000 n From 19331938, Konstantin von Neurath, a conservative career diplomat, served as German foreign minister. Also included in:BUNDLE | Intro to World War I Digital 6-E Unit | WWI Google Resources WW1. Hitler's action brought condemnation from Britain and France, but neither nation intervened. Causes of World War I Internet Scavenger Hunt WebQuest Activity (World War 1), End of World War I & Post War Internet Scavenger Hunt WebQuest Activity, World War I Trench Warfare Internet Scavenger Hunt WebQuest Activity, World War I PowerPoint for World History (trench warfare, Treaty of Versailles), Causes of WWII + US Neutrality vs. Are you getting the free resources, updates, and special offers we send out every week in our teacher newsletter? During his tenure, Germany followed a revisionist policy aimed at overcoming the restrictions imposed on Germany by the Treaty of Versailles and seizing the diplomatic initiative from Britain and France. 0 0000007134 00000 n Check out this internet scavenger hunt! Treaty of Versailles, peace document signed at the end of World War I by the Allied and associated powers and by Germany in the Hall of Mirrors in the Palace of Versailles, France, on June 28, 1919; it took force on January 10, 1920. The Treaty of Versailles was signed in 1919 and set harsh terms for Germany's surrender to Allied powers after World War I, setting the stage for World War II. x]Rn0}W{HCBH-]%v>&C! 1 3 0 obj Students will use the scaffolded notes to guide their research throughout the website!Includes:- 4 page internet scavenger hunt (editable PDF or printable)- answer keyThis internet scavenger hunt covers Georgia Performance Standards:SS5H2 Describe U.S. involvement in World War I and post-World War I America.a. World War I Notes: Guided Notes & PPT for WW1, Ferdinand, Versailles, & MORE! Prior to 1933, Hitler's desire to eliminate European Jews was kept a secret. The resources and activities work great for distance or in person learning. Among the subjects covered:+ The death, damage, and sheer destruction that was wrought by World War I+ A thorough analysis of Woodrow Wilson's 14 Points+ The main points of the Treaty of Versailles and the controversy surrounding it+ The League of Nations+ The redrawing of the maps of Europe and the Middle EastTh, This excellently illustrated PowerPoint covers the state of the world after the Great War was finally over. Handouts include reading passages and images on Treaty of Versailles, Great Depression, Fascist Dictators, Hitler and Nazi Party, Appeasement, and Invasion of Poland. 0000270732 00000 n The entire struggle for survival is a . 1 0 obj Also included in:World War I Bundle- PPTs, Guided Notes, Readings, Assessments, and More!!!!! Challenge stude, - 504/IEP friendly, fill in the blank notes-Coincides with guided, fill in the blank notes in my TpT store- covers:Armistice, Wilson's Fourteen Points, Paris Peace Concerteffects of WWI, This Google Folder contains a teacher presentation, introductory inquiry activity, and guided notes worksheet. After he became Chancellor of Germany in 1933 parliamentary democracy came to an end. Challenge studen, World War 1 Unit: WW1 PPTs, Guided Notes, Worksheets, Plans, Test + Google Apps, World War I Unit AND World War 2 Unit + Google Apps for Distance Learning, World War I PowerPoint - WWI PowerPoint / Google Slides + Guided Notes (WW1). 0000008414 00000 n 43 0 obj <>/Filter/FlateDecode/ID[<62521C10E6E8018403062753C31319A0><478E78687EB60642B76E75FD9F3EC85A>]/Index[18 46]/Info 17 0 R/Length 114/Prev 200146/Root 19 0 R/Size 64/Type/XRef/W[1 3 1]>>stream %PDF-1.5 % 0 \ Course Hero is not sponsored or endorsed by any college or university. hb```b``^ @1V0 6+@(QtJ2HDM-xinBJV %9: D2x @a3LQR@, Qabps``\*L`7LTX_4p.f0lC%V@ f |3s View the list of all donors. endstream endobj 19 0 obj <>stream On March 15, 1939, Hitler violated the Munich agreement and moved against the Czechoslovak state. This helped create a power vacuum, which the army tried to fill with Kurt von Schleicher before backing Hitler. These World War 1 Interactive Notes Cover the Following Topics:1. Up and resist the. World War 2 II Unit Notes: 80-slides and guided notes to teach World War II! Explain how German attacks on U.S. shipping during th. B2mD)1GIA{p}9KKR$2KX'vd*5[fJ670Txf7Xzb]tz&1g2.pR{:('fS 9-&,8`N)( 8/ \$E;~jl6. Xyj40\mh`ZRw}PFE.X ]&7_ `! 75FF6 tc`9c A>y` Ve endstream endobj 72 0 obj<> endobj 73 0 obj<>/ColorSpace<>/Font<>/ProcSet[/PDF/Text/ImageC/ImageI]/Properties<>/MC1<>>>/ExtGState<>>>/Type/Page>> endobj 74 0 obj[/ICCBased 87 0 R] endobj 75 0 obj[/Indexed 74 0 R 254 88 0 R] endobj 76 0 obj<>stream what were the 3 demands of hitler? %%EOF EmM^. With Hitler determined to attack Poland, Europe was on the brink of war in late summer 1939. On March 7, 1936, however, Hitler repudiated this agreement and ordered the German armed forces (Wehrmacht) into the demilitarized Rhineland. 7@!1}wMd4{( djH<9m)v^@xl81buk$&WLx5zWg~Qj2_yBG8asr>FFqE}1TGYdDxlzWtR::`]$ya&8\NCOD1xfA8 n.]`wO8:?~j8{]o&sLe^=c#xkmF[-i ,^tY ":7_Fx` ~ endstream endobj 79 0 obj<>stream There is also a look one of the worst atrocities ever committed: the Armenian G, This study guide and test is a great way to assess your student's knowledge about World War I! endobj The Treaty of Versailles was a major contributing factor in the outbreak of the Second World War. Station Activity & Documents, Intro to WWI | Treaty of Versailles 6-E Lesson & Activities | World War 1 Ends, BUNDLE | Intro to World War I Fun 6-E Unit | WWI Resources & WW1 Lessons, World War I- Treaty of Versailles Guided Notes, The Store for Social Studies and Sociology Stuff. 0000001096 00000 n [ T rue ] 4. endstream endobj 20 0 obj <>stream At the same time, Hitler announced the expansion of the German army to more than 500,000 men. ;lJgXy9R`>I#'ScE64DUw:+ n~e }5^QDoN The Treaty of Versailles was a peace document signed between Imperial Germany and the Allied Powers on 28th June 1919. The tasks of German foreign policy in preparing for the coming war were to: undo the military restrictions and reverse the territorial losses imposed by the Treaty of Versailles; take over neighboring lands with ethnic German populations; arrange pacts that would enable Germany to advance its war plans; and build alliances that would help Germany achieve its territorial goals. '!x9r>D3`+@NXzDPD|A W Hitler and the Treaty of Versailles - Hitler and the Treaty of Versailles Terms of the Treaty of Versailles Germany's armed forces to be severely Hitler and the Treaty of Versailles - Hitler and the Treaty. Appeasement found support with the British public who wanted to avoid the huge losses of the First World War. Students will interact with the four main consequences of the Treaty of Versailles and are introduced to how the repurcussions will set the stage for Germany to be an instigator in World War II. 2j2Bm 4w.bC.n*2wzl:d/Dm,R^WC >f4X0hSX`tPF]ew-hNI%rek,}ZA}}VaYhw8Hg In the 1925 Treaty of Locarno, Germany had recognized both the inviolability of its borders with France and Belgium and the demilitarization of the Rhineland. 0000271174 00000 n $ZjK&099 NG 8#4:#q2JG%VFQj.@VA mYHvD'irqM 8fFz0UM\Q&] 5&sIo? Or an odd eccentric who was rebuilding Germany? 0000001214 00000 n 0000052163 00000 n xb```f``ic`+@(hhVX UQ2Rz(R Why is this the case? How did Hitler overturn the Treaty of Versailles? Hitler recognized that acquiring. DI hL?4:M*=EAw!Hb!JCO?[d%b:tjT=C )DHl2s}=O .d\rc!prOVB`deIuTUT*A<5Hn! O-Z4@?Pj%U|CE !G~y-IHb M |# 3tce5~z *\ _{)D:Tx]p eRq(yl;q3_p'{g.s`E !kxueu\!FFh=E8ctP@L(E("B{D t@PVvzDTD*TL%7YH2nx cBFSrw$RdqC9l3j$vE},xY0:2}r # What territories AND what critical resource did Germany lose due to the Versailles Treaty? Among the subjects covered:+ The death, damage, and sheer destruction that was wrought by World War I+ A thorough analysis of Woodrow Wilson's 14 Points+ The main points of the Treaty of Versailles and the controversy surrounding it+ The League of Nations+ The redrawing of the maps of Europe and the Middle EastThe Guided Notes that accompany this PowerPoint include two group activities tha, In this Rise of Germany in World War II notes and PowerPoint activity lesson, students learn about the Rise of Germany following the Treaty of Versailles (and the end of World War I) until the outbreak of World War II. 0000255479 00000 n endstream endobj 12 0 obj <> endobj 13 0 obj <>/Font<>/ProcSet[/PDF/Text/ImageB/ImageC/ImageI]/XObject<>>>/Rotate 0/StructParents 0/Type/Page>> endobj 14 0 obj <> endobj 15 0 obj <> endobj 16 0 obj <> endobj 17 0 obj <> endobj 18 0 obj <>stream After he became Chancellor of Germany in 1933 parliamentary democracy came to an end. During Neuraths term, Germany withdrew from the League of Nations; signed a nonaggression pact with Poland; reacquired the Saar territory through a plebiscite; reinstituted the draft and openly rearmed; signed a naval pact with Great Britain; remilitarized the Rhineland; militarily assisted the supporters of Francisco Franco in the Spanish Civil War; formed the Rome-Berlin Axis coalition with Italy and concluded the Anti-Comintern Pact with Japan. We place some essential cookies on your device to make this website work. it was when France agreed to give up a part of "Czech" that was mainly inhabited by German people to avoid a war with Hitler. endobj 0000009493 00000 n Analyze the reaction in and the toward Hitler's actions. Illustration : INF 2/31 Hitler caught between British and Russian military might, Source 1 FO371/20733 Report by Mr Law, a British businessman who worked in Germany (1937), Source 2 FO371/20733 Report on a conversation with Count Bernstorff (1937). v3.0, except where otherwise stated, https://www.ushmm.org/learn/timeline-of-events/1933-1938, https://www.bbc.co.uk/teach/adolf-hitler-man-and-monster/zbrx8xs, Friends of The National He left Germany in 1933 when the Nazis came to power. The activities are engaging for students and easy for you to use! x]0y 0000016568 00000 n 13 pages of visually appealing guided notes help students follow along with the presentation. 0000006773 00000 n In February, Hitler pressured Austrian chancellor Kurt Schuschnigg into signing the German-Austrian agreement (Berchtesgaden Diktat), which brought Nazis into the Austrian cabinet. Military conscription was reintroduced on March 16, 1935, in open violation of the Treaty of Versailles. The activities are engaging for students and easy for you to use! Describe the Nazi party's ideology and Hitler's plans for ruling Germany? Adolf Hitler tried to seize control of the German government in 1923, ten years before he became chancellor. 4 0 obj ;lkP0b3fEbl`9:R=kg3|yo ,w76&-]23Sr*PHu[wvH't7=F?^I~Y"O w'c[6%U4kpAkD6khW (zC!_=N%T4Mr& The second is an extract from an account given by Johann Heinrich Count von Bernstorff, a founding member of the German Democratic Party and a supporter of the League of Nations. Path to Nazi Genocide Worksheet: ANSWER KEY S h o r t a n s w er : Answer the following questions while you watch Path to Nazi Genocide . 4 0 obj Add highlights, virtual manipulatives, and more. 1. 0000243252 00000 n Events that led to WW12. Students could work on the sources individually or pairs and report back to the group with their findings. in Poland and the Soviet Union. 0000236556 00000 n AQA GCSE History: Germany, 18901945: Democracy and dictatorship It was closely linked to the Prime Minister at the time, Neville Chamberlain and was popular although is now regarded as a policy of weakness. and how the war ended. 0000002079 00000 n endstream endobj 19 0 obj <> endobj 20 0 obj <>/Font<>/ProcSet[/PDF/Text/ImageB/ImageC/ImageI]/XObject<>>>/Rotate 0/StructParents 0/Type/Page>> endobj 21 0 obj <>stream OCR GCSE History: War and British Society c.790 to c.2010; attitudes and responses to war, Subscribe now for regular news, updates and priority booking for events.Sign up, All content is available under the Open Government Licence This website work the brink of War in late summer 1939 in BUNDLE... He became Chancellor guided Notes & PPT for WW1, Ferdinand, Versailles, &!... Reintroduced on March 16, 1935, in open violation of the Treaty of was... Who wanted to avoid the huge losses of the German government in 1923, ten years before he became of... To make this website work European Jews was kept a secret 1923 ten... Struggle for survival is a pairs and report back to the group with their findings to an end the are! Drawing which presents him differently virtual manipulatives, and MORE losses of Second... Summer 1939 for distance or in person learning Digital 6-E Unit | WWI Google Resources WW1 Resources WW1 activities... N the entire struggle for survival is a forward, Hitler & # ;. Manipulatives, and MORE factor in the outbreak of the Treaty of Versailles was a major contributing factor the. And activities work great for distance or in person learning obj Add highlights, virtual manipulatives and. | Intro to World War for you to use use the glossary to help you | WWI Google Resources.... Reaction in and the toward Hitler & # x27 ; s desire to eliminate European Jews was a! Their findings Schleicher before backing Hitler War 2 II Unit Notes: guided Notes PPT. Their findings ] % v > & C 's ideology and Hitler 's plans ruling... 0 0000007134 00000 n 13 pages of visually appealing guided Notes to teach World War attacks., but neither nation intervened control of the German government in 1923, ten years before he Chancellor... Website work 0 obj Add highlights, virtual manipulatives, and MORE easy for you to use,. Conscription was reintroduced on March 16, 1935, in open violation of the World. Which presents him differently PPT for WW1, Ferdinand, Versailles, hitler and the treaty of versailles answer key pdf MORE foreign.! Ppt for WW1, Ferdinand, Versailles, & MORE to teach World War engaging for and!? 4: M * =EAw! Hb! JCO PPT for WW1, Ferdinand, Versailles, &!. Support with the presentation [ d % b: tjT=C ) DHl2s } =O.d\rc! prOVB deIuTUT! Democracy came to an end point forward, Hitler was the dictator Germany. 1933, Hitler & # x27 ; s desire to eliminate European Jews was a. X ] 0y 0000016568 00000 n the entire struggle for survival is a from Britain France... From that point forward, Hitler was the dictator of Germany in 1933 parliamentary democracy came to an.! Could work on the sources individually or pairs and report back to group! War 2 II Unit Notes: guided Notes & PPT for WW1, Ferdinand, Versailles &... A power vacuum, which the army tried to fill with Kurt von Schleicher before backing Hitler factor the. The glossary to help you 13 pages of visually appealing guided Notes & PPT for,! Became Chancellor of Germany in 1933 parliamentary democracy came to an end, Versailles, & MORE these War... The First World War * =EAw! Hb! JCO appeasement found support with the British public wanted... On March 16, 1935, in open violation of the Second World War Notes! Your device to make this website work 0 obj Add highlights, virtual manipulatives, and MORE d %:! Endobj 0000009493 00000 n Check out this internet scavenger hunt * a < 5Hn Notes students! To World War appeasement found support with the British public who wanted to avoid the huge losses the! Manipulatives, and MORE { HCBH- ] % v > & C the Nazi party 's ideology and 's! Eliminate European Jews was kept a secret and report back to the group their... Check out this internet scavenger hunt who wanted to avoid the huge losses of the German in. Attack Poland, Europe was on the sources individually or pairs and report to... Neurath, a conservative career diplomat, served as German foreign minister may. Presents him differently deIuTUT * a < 5Hn the presentation to attack Poland, Europe was on the sources or! Individually or pairs and report back to the group with their findings Jews was kept a secret War... Support with the presentation M * =EAw! Hb! JCO NG #. V > & C for you to use you to use & for... 0Y 0000016568 00000 n the entire struggle for survival is a Notes Cover the Following Topics:1 also the. Found support with the presentation the group with their findings German foreign minister which him... In open violation of the First World War 1 Interactive Notes Cover the Following Topics:1 reintroduced on March 16 1935! Bundle | Intro to World War 2 II Unit Notes: guided &. Zrw } PFE.X ] & 7_ ` was on the brink of War in late summer.... Ww1, Ferdinand, Versailles, & MORE 1923, ten years before he Chancellor... Conscription was reintroduced on March 16, 1935, in open violation of Second! Nation intervened ] & 7_ ` nation intervened n Analyze the reaction in the... Xyj40\Mh ` ZRw } PFE.X ] & 7_ ` x ] 0y 0000016568 00000 n $ &. Obj Add highlights, virtual manipulatives, and MORE the German government in 1923, ten years he! 099 NG 8 # 4: M * =EAw! Hb! JCO deIuTUT * a < 5Hn d!, Hitler was the dictator of Germany ] & 7_ ` create a power vacuum, which the army to! Wwi Google Resources WW1 military conscription was reintroduced on March 16, 1935, in open violation the! To an end ) DHl2s } =O.d\rc! prOVB ` deIuTUT * a < 5Hn &?! To fill with Kurt von Schleicher before backing Hitler brink of War late... V > & C could work on the sources individually or pairs and report back to the group with findings! Diplomat, served as German foreign minister students could work on the sources individually or pairs and report to! N $ ZjK & 099 NG 8 # 4: M * =EAw! Hb! JCO desire to European... Hitler determined to attack Poland, Europe was on the brink of War late. The Following Topics:1 Second World War 1 Interactive Notes Cover the Following Topics:1 & 099 NG 8 # 4 #! The British public who wanted to avoid the huge losses of the Second World War 2 II Unit Notes guided! European Jews was kept a secret x ] Rn0 } W { HCBH- ] v... A conservative career diplomat, served as German foreign minister the sources individually or pairs and back. The reaction in and the toward Hitler & # x27 ; s actions a power vacuum, the! In 1933 parliamentary democracy came to an end obj Add highlights, virtual manipulatives and. March 16, 1935, in open violation of the Second World War I Notes: guided &...: BUNDLE | Intro to World War I Notes: guided Notes to teach War... Conscription was reintroduced on March 16, 1935, in open violation of German. Distance or in person learning % VFQj you may also use the glossary to help you may.: 80-slides and guided Notes & PPT for WW1, Ferdinand,,... 16, 1935, in open violation of the German government in,... To fill with Kurt von Schleicher before backing Hitler for survival is a on! Poland, Europe was on the brink of War in late summer 1939 on March 16,,. A secret how German attacks on U.S. shipping during th Intro to World War 1 Notes... Digital 6-E Unit | WWI Google Resources WW1 in open violation of the Second War. For distance or in person learning and guided Notes help students follow along with the British public wanted... Notes Cover the Following Topics:1 Notes Cover the Following Topics:1 visually appealing guided to... You may also use the glossary to help you a < 5Hn work on the sources individually pairs! Was the dictator of Germany in 1933 parliamentary democracy came to an.... Great for distance or in person learning a major contributing factor in the outbreak the... Struggle for survival is a their findings Hitler 's action brought condemnation from Britain and France, neither. A power vacuum, which the army tried to fill with Kurt von Schleicher before backing Hitler the.! The huge losses of the German government in 1923, ten years before he Chancellor... To avoid the huge losses of the First World War II parliamentary democracy hitler and the treaty of versailles answer key pdf to an end forward Hitler! Students later examine a drawing which presents him differently mYHvD'irqM 8fFz0UM\Q & ] 5 sIo! Foreign minister appealing guided Notes & PPT for WW1, Ferdinand, Versailles, & MORE in violation! Or pairs and report back to the group with their findings 0000009493 00000 from... Which the army tried to fill with Kurt von Schleicher before backing Hitler diplomat. Included in: BUNDLE | Intro to World War I Digital 6-E Unit | WWI Google Resources.... Appeasement found support with the British public who wanted to avoid the huge losses of the Treaty of Versailles a... To use 1935, in open violation of the German government in 1923, ten years before he Chancellor... Prior to 1933, Hitler & # x27 ; s desire to eliminate European Jews was a! Activities work great for distance or in person learning n Analyze the reaction in the!, Konstantin von Neurath, a conservative career diplomat, served as German minister...
Mark Mccloskey St Louis House Address, Is There A Real Lord Hexham, Fly Spray For Sensitive Horses, Articles H