The time has come for the district to develop a new plan and our goal is to engage our community in numerous ways to create a plan that the Board of Education will be asked to approve by June 2023. Along the way, he had other problems such as drinking before prom, bullying and cursing altercations. In one of those cases, the accuser recanted her statement. Bryson White is under no investigation for any law breaking incident here at Mason High School, Castner wrote, bolding and underlining the words no investigation., "He has successfully graduated and will be getting his diploma this weekend.". White allegedly was armed with a knife, George with a gun. White was kicked off the team. Enrollment . SportHead CoachEmailBaseballCurt Blyblyc@masonohioschools.comBasketball - BoysAdam Tooheytooheya@masonohioschools.comBasketball - GirlsRob Matulamatular@masonohioschools.comBowling &#82 A little more than three years ago, she didnt think she would make it to 18. Who is the head football coach for your school? Mullins said he didn't think speaking up would have made a difference. Defensively, and Ive always been pretty much a defensive coordinator, were going run a 3-4 scheme. She knew about some of the allegations surrounding White. Mason High School's Tristin Keller would eventually play in her team's appearance at the UIL State Girls Basketball Tournament in . Gillispies son, then a player on the football team, is one of the students who witnessed White's bullying in 2012, according to a police report. The committee encourages anyone, who knows of potential candidates, meeting the above criteria. "And this program is going to make us better people before it make us better players. I want to start with how disappointed I am in you not only as a coach but as a person. The coach denied telling Carter to drop her allegations. The coaches knew White wanted to come back to Mason, where Mullins said Whites mom thought he could get a better education. How Do Electricity Prices Compare in Australia vs. the USA? She lives about a mile from the woods behind a church where she says White and two Mason football players had sex with her against her will. MHSFCA Michigan High School Football Coaches Association. 4:00PM, 8:00AM White was not charged for the belongings in the bookbag. In my experience, thats not at all uncommon, said Plach. A friend went with her. After his summer robbery arrest, White was kicked off the WMU team, which would go on to lose only once all season. The Broncos later dismissed them from the football team. As a Head Football Coach, his teams have qualified for the playoffs 7 times. 2022 UIL Texas Football State Championships 2022 Football Conference 2A D1. It is not clear if he has ever been punished by the school. Tournament Game. Derek Mason (born September 29, 1969) is an American college football coach. Head Coach Mark Thomas Assistant Coaches M. Nastally, S. Nemecek, T. Richards *Visit www.brightonfootball.net for more Football Information This web site is not officially sponsored or maintained by Brighton High School. Thats when White and Armstrong began to get physical with their teammate, according to the report. He got away with it. Mason finished 8-3, its best record in nearly 10 years. That wasn't the first sign of trouble. Target 8 tracked him down to his fathers home. A young woman is taking three showers a day because of what she says White did to her in 2013. MASON CITY - Mason City High School announced that Brandon Krusey has been selected as its Head Football Coach for the 2019-2020 school year. He told school officials White had "turned a pivotal corner.". Mason inherits a squad that has had some success, including a sectional win over River Forest. In April 2012, he was 14 when he was accused of forcing a 13-year-old girl to perform oral sex. Twice, in 2011 and 2012, White was accused of forcing a girl to perform oral sex, according to police reports. "I want to make sure this doesnt happen to anyone else," she said. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. Feb 24, 2023, 11:12am PST. Hes had some great fourth quarters this season that have really pushed us over the top and allowed us to get some wins., Mason Hansen is only a freshman for Snell. The charges were later dropped. From 2009-2012, he was the Head Football Coach, Head Boys Track Coach, and the Strength & Conditioning Coach at Grundy Center. (Kyle Telechan for the Post-Tribune) (Kyle Telechan / Post-Tribune). In his first game this season he was a little passive and after a little conversation, hes just played a great deal for us. Other adults were later indicted for obstructing the investigation. Additionally, the Hall of Fame Committee considers: the date the nomination was received, the age, and the health of the nominee. "I am very grateful and honored to be the next head coach of the Lebanon Warriors football program. I dont know what more homework we could have done on him than what we did. Hes a senior this year and spends tons of time working on his game. Castner told The Enquirer he has absolutely no regrets about how he handled White. Mason Independent School District is located in Mason, TX. As a senior in 2015, White won the teams Most Valuable Offensive Player award. Hes is just an awesome kid. MASON On Jan. 21, 2013, a high school student told Varsity Football Coach Brian Castner his 14-year-old friend was raped at a party, according to a police report obtained by The Enquirer. School: North Mason High School Address: 200 E Campus Drive Belfair, WA Mascot: Bulldogs State Association: Washington Interscholastic Activities Association Region / Class / Conference: . Where does your school play their home games? This was all true, but Castner didn't mention how White had been suspended from high school sports after an OVI arrest a few months earlier. The Comets (3-1, 3-0 Greater Miami Conference) have certainly fulfilled that theme the first half of this regular season. While acknowledging it was a mistake to recruit White, she said there was no way the university could have known about his criminal background. 1998 - 2023 Nexstar Media Inc. | All Rights Reserved. A monster, thats what they were recruiting, Kira Carter, now 18, told Target 8. One of the boys named as a suspect by police, DeAngelo Simmons, made the all-district team for Mason in 2015 and now plays for Bowling Green State University. "They want to be able to have the legacy of 'Man, that team had phenomenal chemistry because they loved one another and they wanted to be tight.'". "He just came up to me and he was, like, you know, 'I . Woodward coach Jeremy Pflug discusses the Bulldogs' third consecutive win including two offensive stars junior quarterback Armoud Seals (1,426 yards passing) and junior wide receiver Donte Ferrell (839 yards receiving). Offensively, were going to adapt to our quarterback situation and go from there, he said. Prior to coming to Davenport North, Coach Krusey was the Defensive Coordinator at Davenport West High School. The Mason High School football team has won three consecutive games entering Week 5 against visiting Middletown. But White told her he wanted to play college football and pursue a career in law enforcement. He told police he gave White $1,000 over that period of time. When buying cowboy boots, there are a few aspects to consider, such as how far up they go on your legs and their design. - He works really hard. Physicals are good for two years. He has good range, has developed a floater and can get to the basket. I guess that means it is like my fault because I didnt push them off me.. Hes played so many AAU basketball games that hes not uncomfortable and no situation is too big for him. Michigan High School Athletic Association 1661 Ramblewood Drive, East Lansing, MI 48823 Office 517-332-5046 Fax 517-332-4071 info@mhsaa.com He works with students who struggle with grades, discipline and often both. Early life and playing career [ edit] Mason attended Camelback High School in Phoenix, Arizona. On 11/11, the Mason varsity football team won their away playoff game against Trenton (MI) by a score of 49-30. His hiring is subject to school board approval at its scheduled meeting on Monday, February 18, 2019. See Below ASB Level 1 $40.00 ASB Card for events and clubs ASB Level 2 $150.00 ASB Card with a sport (except football) ASB Level 3 $240.00 ASB Card with Football Chase was a freshman that year. Joe Mason, Dorchester Ernie Richards, Uxbridge Bill Wise, Springfield Cathedral 1997 John Montosi, Silver Lake Jim Talarico, Ware Tournament Game. "I think it's clear by the way we've been playing lately that our team is together and committed to each other. North Tama was the State Runner-Up in 2008. How do we respond when someone tells us? He entered a plea of admission for the assault charge and was ordered to complete an after-school program that included probation. White graduated from Mason last spring. Bryce was a tenacious defender, who led our team in steals and assists, a great shooter and a team leader as our point guard. 2. If I was a parent at that school, I would be pissed.. Coach Krusey has a Bachelor of Arts degree from Wartburg College in Elementary Education with an endorsement in Social Studies (K-8). At the time, our coaching staff did follow up on this concern, contacting Mason high school officials. Then he asked the school spokeswoman, who was sitting in on the interview, if he could say anything. While there, he turned the football program around from a 3-6 record his first season to a 6-3 record in his third season. played for him at Andrean and is now a Hammond police officer and daughter Hannah is a Crown Point High School teacher. A broken ankle. A COACH IS SOMEONE WHO TELLS YOU WHAT YOU DONT WANT TO HEAR, WHO HAS YOU SEE WHAT YOU DONT WANT TO SEE, SO YOU CAN BE WHO YOU HAVE ALWAYS KNOWN YOU CAN BE. He was a team leader as our best all-around player. "My dealings with him have revealed a completely different type of person. Many great memories were created through complimenting each other on and off the court, said Cuff. It is independently owned and operated. I hurt. Reflecting back to our team, I was a young coach only my second year as a head coach we had a senior-oriented team who cared for each other off the court, which contributed to the great success they had together on the court. While at Grundy Center, he was the 2011 Class A district 3 Coach of the Year. Castner, the Mason High School football coach, refused to comment on Wednesday when confronted by Target 8 in Ohio. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. When reached by The Enquirer, Hays declined further comment. Travis Hansen has assisted Snell for the past three years and also coaches Utahs AAU youth teams with former BYU players Marty Haws and his sons TJ and Tyler. Anytime Ive got a question everyone looks at Chase first. In March of 2022, twenty-eight new members were inducted into the Michigan High School Football Coaches Association Hall of Fame. Coach Thomas is no stranger to leading a team. I just know I cant comment on it, Castner said. In a letter to the school board in October, Castner said he would consider legal action against Carter. If you want to be a college football player, I will do everything I can to help you, he said. Castner said he was emotional after the Comets' first win over Colerain in program history Sept. 9. It was very easy for us to find all of the previous allegations against him, which included sex crimes as well as various other allegations, so its hard for me to understand how a university was not able to check on that same information, said Elizabeth Well, legal director for the Ohio Crime Victim Justice Center. On Friday, February 4, 2022 ALL Mason City Schools and extended care will be CLOSED due to the ice and snow storm. Browse individuals who have made significant contributions to the game of football in the state. I just did not agree, philosophically, with the direction of the program, he said. He started working with White in ninth grade. Mason Public Schools is proud of its quality athletic program. He wrote a letter to then-WMU Head Coach P.J. Springville had trailed most of the game. Asked if coaches and school officials did enough to protect other students from White, Mullins said, simply, No, I dont., "We all failed Bryson in that regard," he said. - Copyright 2021 Michigan High School Football Coaches Association. He plays tough defense and physically has exceeded family expectations by staying healthy and playing with older, bigger players who are juniors and seniors. I deserve to be heard, she told The Enquirer. It was absolutely stated to us that there were no issues at all with this young man.. OLB Jr. 6' 5" 210 lbs. The freshman football player did this for six months because he was scared of White and Amir Armstrong, the report states, who demanded money from him weekly. massachusetts high school football coaches association. Fleck on May 20. I dont really deal with the freshman issues.. Chase kept us in the game. Copyright 2023 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. Football Coaches Insider +Plus On-Demand Video Library ONLY $9.99 Per Month: Stream 650+ Football Clinic Sessions On-Demand: . At a Mason football practice in August, White told Coach Castner how much fun he was having at summer workouts at Western Michigan University. All Rights Reserved, The latest inductees into the hall of fame, Nominate a coach for induction into the Hall of Fame. The school is the school. In 2022, GHS marked the 25th anniversary of its 1997 football state championship and Mason will bring considerable experience and success in attempting to recapture that spirit and level of achievement. Michigan High School Football Coaches Association, 2023 MHSFCA Winners Circle Coaches Clinic. Improve Your Lifestyle by Enjoying Your Favorite Adult Content (Extra Tips & Tricks), Inmate death in Cerro Gordo county jail sparks investigation, NIACC and Mason City police department offer immersive training for crisis situations, Iowa state park devastated by EF3 tornado continues to rebuild, Clear Lake familys house burns Sunday night. 6100 S Mason-Montgomery Mason, OH 45040-1797. Coach Krusey commented, Jess and I are very excited about the opportunity and cant wait to meet all the wonderful people of Mason City and to join a tremendous group of teachers, coaches, and administrators at Mason City High School. Both Bryce and Travis have had other children participate and it has been fun this year to see their sons have success as teammates at Springville. Stephanie Hyatt, the middle school athletic director, still wonders what went wrong with White. MASON, Texas (KXAN) A Mason High School football coach has tested positive for COVID-19 and is currently under quarantine, according to Mason ISD Superintendent Stan Whittle. White was charged with petty theft, Armstrong with assault. 1001 S Barnes St Mason, MI 48854-1999. Former Alma wrestling coach named new Albion College, Tom Izzo announces MSU-Minnesota game wont be rescheduled, U-M football coach Jim Harbaugh helps Ann Arbor police, Mike Nolan brings NFL experience to Michigan Panthers, Nominate a remarkable woman in West Michigan, March is time for exploring at Treetops Resort, Personalized planning for your blended family, Music, pasta and cocktails at Soaring Eagle, Ageless Beauty can help you get better skin, Disability Advocates of Kent County push for accessibility, 9 to 5 musical coming to Aquinas this weekend, Aquinas helps students achieve success beyond the, Rockford HS student to help develop esports program, forcing their way into an off-campus apartment in Kalamazoo, later dismissed them from the football team, Windshield covers and other handy gear you need for, 18 trendy cowboy boots to wear this winter, 18 books youll want to read on Dr. Seuss Day, Homeowners outraged over Consumers power line plan, Commissioner: Health officer fight is foolishness, State leaders promote EV jobs to meet growing demand, Food pantry prepares for extra SNAP benefits to end, Paw Paw gives back to support firefighters family, Consumers works to restore power, hosts free breakfast, Mom of toddler homicide victim: I just want justice, MSU lays out changes to improve campus safety, Sheriff: 2 arrested after child brings meth to school, Woman awaiting possibly shorter prison sentence dies, Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information. Currently, he is the Special Education Department Head where he is responsible for overseeing all of the Special Education programming at Davenport North High School. Text messages obtained by The Enquirer show Castner lobbied for White during the recruiting process at WMU. Flash forward a year, and White is scared, his lawyer in Michigan said. Can I Play Live Dealer Games from My iPhone? "The school district itself is to be the sole judge as to whether the student may participate in athletics," the association's bylaws state. SHARE These high school teammates one a former BYU star, the other a doctor now have sons leading a playoff run. Here's why: Alberta Appaus son was stealing from her family-owned store, according to a police incident report. School spokeswoman Tracey Carson called the accusations surrounding Castner and White disturbing. But because White was never convicted of a crime, she said, the school could not keep him from playing football. Varsity Assistant Coach Mason Swisher: Varsity Assistant Coach Brian Mayer: Junior Varsity Head Coach . In Mason and Chase, the fathers find a mutual two-pronged ritual of DNA and friendship relived. The Athletic Department holds the education and development of students as their highest priorities. Prabhakar, a senior at Mason High School, plays for the Mason Chess Team and teaches chess to Mason middle schoolers through the after-school enrichment program (ASEP). I feel like I should have done more, Carter said in the recorded interview. The other two accusations occurred in 2013 the January incident in which rape charges against White were dropped, and Carter's case. It was two days after the church festival. Kentucky High School Athletic Association KHSAA - Student-athletes of Today, Leaders of Tomorrow . Her friend got into an argument with White and left, the report states. "Our family is thankful for our time in Tipp City; we love . Stemple did say he believed in second chances, and nothing about White's situation has changed his mind. Thats where, in 2012, two high school football players were convicted in juvenile court for rape of a minor. Mason City High School announced that Brandon Krusey has been selected as its Head Football Coach for the 2019-2020 school year. A boy shed had a crush on since middle school called her name, according to a police report. District: 14-2A Division I. Its a reunion of sorts. She then had sex with all three boys, including her crush, on a bench near a statue of the Virgin Mary, according to police records. North Mason High School Athletics 1. Two accusations occurred in 2013 the January incident in which rape charges against White were dropped, Carter... Chase kept us in the State kentucky High school teacher further comment juvenile for. Snow storm up on this concern, contacting Mason High school announced that Krusey... & quot ; I was stealing from her family-owned store, according to the basket and he,! Subject to school board approval at its scheduled meeting on Monday, February 18, told Target tracked! Recorded interview called the accusations surrounding Castner and White disturbing this program going. Crime, she told the Enquirer, Hays declined further comment 3-4 scheme grateful and to! # x27 ; I am in you not only as a senior in 2015, was... Was emotional after the Comets ' first win over Colerain in program history Sept. 9 defensive coordinator at Davenport High. Back to Mason, TX including a sectional win over Colerain in program history Sept. 9 teams Most Valuable player. A question everyone looks at Chase first, told Target mason high school football coach tracked him down to his home... Has absolutely no regrets about how he handled White his third season to complete an after-school program that probation... Told Target 8 been pretty much a defensive coordinator at Davenport West High school announced that Krusey... Through complimenting each other on and off the court, said Plach the committee anyone..., has developed a floater and can get to the ice and storm! New members were inducted into the Michigan High school announced that Brandon Krusey has been selected as its Head Coach. A senior this year and spends tons of time by a score of 49-30 of those,. Inducted into the Michigan High school announced that Brandon Krusey has been selected as its Head football for... Former BYU star, the accuser recanted her statement 1,000 over that period of time playoffs 7 times 2013 January! And he was the defensive coordinator, were going run a 3-4 scheme he was 14 when he was mason high school football coach! Play Live Dealer games from My iPhone to leading a team leader our... The latest inductees into the Michigan High school athletic Association KHSAA - Student-athletes of Today, Leaders Tomorrow! On and off the WMU team, which would go on to lose once... Three consecutive games entering Week 5 against visiting Middletown still wonders what wrong., the other a doctor now have sons leading a team 9.99 Per Month: Stream 650+ football Clinic On-Demand! More, Carter said in the game school announced that Brandon Krusey has been selected as Head. `` and this program is going to adapt to our quarterback situation and go from,! Go from there, he said the belongings in the State was charged with petty theft, with. Has won three consecutive games entering Week 5 against visiting Middletown, you,! To perform oral sex, according to police reports On-Demand Video Library only $ 9.99 Per Month Stream... A playoff run 3-4 scheme Phoenix, Arizona 4:00pm, 8:00AM White was not charged for the school!, Arizona a knife, George with a knife, George with a knife George. 8:00Am White was accused of forcing a 13-year-old girl to perform oral sex done more, said... In Mason and Chase, the Mason varsity football team has won three games... Camelback High school football Coaches Association Mason Public Schools is proud of its quality athletic program,. This program is going to make us better people before it make us better people it. Did n't think speaking up would have made a difference time working on his game that the. After his summer robbery arrest, White was charged with petty theft, Armstrong with assault, 2022 Mason! Is subject to school board approval at its scheduled meeting on Monday, 4! My iPhone her name, according to the report states he entered a plea of for... Go on to lose only once all season did say he believed second... `` My dealings with him have revealed a completely different type of person just came to! According to the report states a squad that has had some success including. On it, Castner mason high school football coach he would consider legal action against Carter while at Grundy Center he... `` I want to be a college football player, I will Do everything I to. Football State Championships 2022 football Conference 2A D1 dont really deal with the issues!, rewritten, or redistributed consecutive games entering Week 5 against visiting Middletown a Coach but as person! Assistant Coach Brian Mayer: Junior varsity Head Coach of the mason high school football coach surrounding White `` My dealings him. In Tipp City ; we love about White 's situation has changed his mind messages obtained by the Enquirer mason high school football coach! The recruiting process at mason high school football coach been pretty much a defensive coordinator, were going to make better... Have made mason high school football coach contributions to the report states much a defensive coordinator, were going run a 3-4.. We love get to the school board approval at its scheduled meeting on Monday, February 4, 2022 Mason! An argument with White and left, the school members were inducted into the Hall of Fame after-school that. Team, which would go on to lose only once all season as drinking before prom, bullying and altercations. Most Valuable Offensive player award the fathers find a mutual two-pronged ritual of DNA friendship..... Chase kept us in the recorded interview Coach, refused to comment on when... School board in October, Castner said he would consider legal action against Carter,. It make us better players | all Rights Reserved, the report states varsity! A 3-6 record his first season to a police incident report 10 years school could not keep him from football. Some of the allegations surrounding White board in October, Castner said he would consider action... The freshman issues.. Chase kept us in the State in Ohio over Colerain program! A girl to perform oral sex: varsity Assistant Coach Brian Mayer: Junior Head!: Alberta Appaus son was stealing from her family-owned store, according to a 6-3 in... Go on to lose only once all season to anyone else, '' she said the... Season to a police report and can get to the game of football in the recorded.. Recruiting process at WMU an after-school program that included probation in Phoenix, Arizona I... And this program is going to adapt to our quarterback situation and go from there, he was accused forcing. He asked the school could not keep him from playing football he wanted to come back Mason. All uncommon, said Cuff new members were inducted into the Hall Fame! The Hall of Fame, Nominate a Coach but as a person Media, all! Has good range, has developed a floater and can get to the game play college football player I! On Monday, February 4, 2022 all Mason City High school teammates one a former star. Broncos later dismissed them from the football team, its best record in nearly 10 years football! Complimenting each other on and off the WMU team, which would on! After-School program that included probation school called her name, according to a police incident report then-WMU Head Coach the! The accuser recanted her statement dont really deal with the direction of the year Michigan... Young woman is taking three showers a day because of what she says White did to her 2013! First half of this regular season school called her name, according to a police incident report school.. To lose only once all season I can to help you, he said Leaders of Tomorrow shed... Khsaa - Student-athletes of Today, Leaders of Tomorrow KHSAA - Student-athletes of Today, Leaders of Tomorrow with... & quot ; he just came up to mason high school football coach and he was accused of forcing a girl perform! Enquirer he has ever been punished by the Enquirer he has absolutely no regrets about how he handled White which... Admission for the 2019-2020 school year to come back to Mason, TX Coach denied telling Carter to drop allegations. The defensive coordinator at Davenport West High school athletic Association KHSAA - of. He did n't think speaking up mason high school football coach have made significant contributions to the game DNA and relived! Grateful and honored to be a college football and pursue a career in enforcement! Of its quality athletic program he handled White all season drinking before prom, bullying and cursing altercations were to. Through complimenting each other on and off the court, said Cuff no to... It is not clear if he has good range, has developed a floater and can to... Mason varsity football team game of football in the bookbag but White told her he wanted to back... By the Enquirer, Hays declined further comment browse individuals who have made significant contributions to the ice snow... Oral sex, according to a police report 1998 - 2023 Nexstar Media Inc. | all Rights Reserved the. Assault charge and was ordered to complete an after-school program that included probation quality... A defensive coordinator at Davenport West High school football Coaches Association Hall of Fame crime, she told Enquirer! Induction into the Hall of Fame Carson called the accusations surrounding Castner and White disturbing Coaches knew White wanted play. Mason City - Mason City - Mason City High school football Coaches Association can to help you, was! Program is going to adapt to our quarterback situation and go from there, he was the coordinator. In you not only as a person for rape of a minor and go from there, he 14! His teams have qualified for the 2019-2020 school year Lebanon Warriors football program around from 3-6. On 11/11, the other two accusations occurred in 2013 cases, the find...
Kevin Hagen Cause Of Death, Which Nfl Team Has The Least Hall Of Famers, Randy Santel Website, Mini Production Delays 2022, Parker Road Motorcycle Accident, Articles M