Just a few melted ice cubes. 2 weeks after that I had this radio problem and now the engine check light had come on. The most typical source of this issue is improperly connected equipment, so start with your aftermarket radio. Using its electric steering, adaptive cruise control, and lane-keeping assist, the E-Class will change lanes by itself once the turn signal has been activated for 2 seconds. Today, without warning, the radio and COMAND screen shut off. After removing the stereo, you will find a bunch of wires at its back. Instead, it just disconnects you from most accessories or devices you may have been connected to and disables auto-join capabilities. Fault in Your Car's Head Unit 4. I paid $400 for the head unit and $150 for the amp. Sometimes, a stereo can go off due to software issues. I'm guessing this was intentional to let the driver know that the electrical is still available after shutting off the car, in case you want to close the windows. The fiber optic cables are used to transmit the sound signal of your Mercedes-Benz between the different units for better sound quality and faster transfer rates. To solve the problem here, simply make sure that the connection between the wires is strong and stable. This normally restores the systems to working order. If your radio turns on, but you don't get any sound from the speakers, there are a whole lot of different potential culprits. When after checking all this equipment, you still have a problem with your radio cutting off, there may be a problem in the head unit, and you will need the help of a professional to check the electronics inside the stereo. The "jiggle test is one way--by jiggling various wires with the deck plugged in--if you can duplicate the problem this way, then you know you have a wiring or connector problem. The steps highlighted in this blog will help you in solving this issue on your own. good luck! Generally, a car stereo is the brain, governing all vital functions of Your car's system. Not sure how to start the testing. Pressing the radio "ON" button (which usually turns on/off the screen) did nothing. Why Ham Radio is Dying? runs about 2-3 mins and start an idle rough . The Audio Gateway is the brains of the Mercedes-Benz COMAND system. Any Mercedes-Benz dealer Check if the amp is in protect mode. Posted on Published: July 22, 2021- Last updated: May 6, 2022. Step 1: Putting the Key for Your Mercedes Into the Ignition. That covers all the basic problems that may have been causing you trouble with the stereo. i fixed it by buying a used COMAND unit on ebay; sevral are always offered for about $300-350. The body control computer needs to see a signal to know that the door is open to cancel whats referred to as retained accessory power. So I turned the key to off and back to ALT .. everything works fine again. Check for this first and replace it if needed. Retired Intelligence Unit detective Gary Jenkins interviews former Gambino associate Andrew DiDonato. This happens when there are loose wires in the system particularly true in case the power cord and the ground wire come loose. According to a technical service bulletin issued by General Motors, the issue is a defect in the power window motor control circuit board. Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information, my stereo shuts off every 30 minutes while i am driving the 2008 e-350. After each step, try using CarPlay again. You need to figure out which component is defective by bypassing each component until you find the problem. Check the cables and make sure they are tight and properly connected. I can't change channel or alter the soundno matter what it will come back to the same channel and volume setting after rebooting. Check with dealer , may be a software update that could affect the system.Warranty? The following errors occurred with your submission. Doing a soft reset for these systems will force the head unit to rest. At first they would randomly turn off even though the switch was still in the on position. If the passager door is opened it will not turn off the radio. Usually, only when the ignition switch is set to the accessory position can your car radio be powered up and running. you a print out showing where the It sound exactly same as mine. Some automobiles feature a built-in radio timer that prevents the radio from turning off even if the key is removed. Make sure that both the grounding and power wires are of the same gauge. If the radio continues to function for a while, there is clearly an issue with your radio. Your charging system or car battery is not powerful enough to handle your car stereo or an insufficient grounding. off on a Mercedes Benz 2009, What wrong when my radio shut off every 20 The Audio Gateway is the brains of the Mercedes-Benz COMAND system. to reset all 3 system.. Radio, Navigation and Note that some cars may have a system that turns on the radio for a fixed period, approximately ten minutes, unless the door is open. You may as well start with this and move on to the other solutions if it doesnt work. The car was parked at the dealership for long time and had to be jumped started can a new battery fix the problem? Content submitted by Users is not endorsed by CarGurus, does not express the opinions of CarGurus, and should not be considered reviewed, screened, or approved by CarGurus. Overheating. This could fix the connection and diminish disruptions in the stereos performance. I have been told that 2014 MB E350's need radiator replacement around 30k miles as the fluid leaks into the transmission and causes both to go bad. Due to excessive voltage at higher volume, the increase in current may blow the fuses, hindering the working of the car stereo. Cant Press Brake To Start Car: How to Fix? Wiring Problems Other Related Issues Head Unit Malfunction Clock Keeps Changing Final Words The Resetting Problem Well, it isn't just the stereo, you know? money. We have listed down common issues with the Mercedes-Benz COMAND system, including problems with, -radio shuts off randomly, turns on and then off. Air Conditioning Expansion Valve Replacement. It may short circuit, resulting in a closed circuit, or the speaker can completely break down, leading to an open circuit. Why Can Radio Telescopes Be Used 24 Hours a Day? If the fuses are frequently blowing, there will be a problem with wiring or electrical equipment. What could it be when the radio and air goes on and I unplugged the battery over night and plug it back in the am still the same problem. Is life better out there? Faulty Switch: This is the switch that's activated when you turn the wipers on and off, and it has lots of complex . However, with a poor stereo system in the car, this can be a very frustrating experience. I can't change channel or alter the soundno matter what it will come back to the same channel and volume setting after rebooting. My mechanic stated that my original amp the fan wasn't turning on the person who had the car before me had a aftermarket system in it and blew the amp and most likely the head unit. I definitely will check the warranty. 3. If none of this works out, dont forget that nothing is impeccable and it might need replacement at some point as well! The most obvious . Take note: The fuse number will depend on the model of Mercedes-Benz that you have. The Ecobee usually disconnects from Wi-Fi after optimization. We have noticed it mostly in cars with expensive optional lights. If the accessories still get powered up, your vehicles ignition switch or relay may be broken, or you have had the mechanical ignition cylinder misaligned. Laguna Niguel, CA 92677 Did you get a good deal? Automatic transmission. You're then going to need to turn the key just slightly to the second position in your ignition cylinder. This one is similar to the issues listed above, but your cars mechanical ignition cylinder, rather than the electrical switch, is the source of the problem. Or a common power source. Are you currently in the car market and getting discouraged by high prices? Contact Us today to get our latest special offers. 2) Bright sunlight into the system, or bright reflections at the front of the car, will cause this issue. Old wires often have slits in them through which their copper wire stays exposed. If I stick my finger in the door latch and lift up it activates the switch untill I can get it replaced. Just make sure it's the right year. Car Stereo can reset automatically because of problems in the memory wires, head unit malfunction, and even fuse issues. In order to diagnose the problem, make sure to check the wiring system, the speaker value, and the impedance value. Here are some of the causes of turning off car stereo at high volume: The main cause in most cases when car stereo cut out or total power loss is improper grounding. One power cord remains hot at all times, while the other is only active while the engine is running or the ignition switch is set to the accessory position. Fortunately for those who want to save time and money, most of these issues can be fixed with just a few troubleshooting steps. Be sure to come back and share! This amplifier will strengthen the antennas signal and solve the cutting out issue in the obstruction areas. Tacoma SR5 4.0L V6. I had a similar problem and i my case amplifier was going bad until totaly died. Troubleshooting the fiber-optic loop is the next step that you should do if removing the fuses does not solve the no-sound problem. Learn more. 6 Answers 640 90 Seconds later, I see "COMAND SHUTTING DOWN" on the screen. 25,720 miles. The radio in my Mercedes keeps turning on and off. I put a new battery on and everything started working. Can anyone help me on what this could be. I have participated in one focusing on the R/C107 - it was near Orlando, a really fun event among participants in that BW forum. This can also cause a car radio to lose power and shut off while driving. This morning my radio did not come on. 5. He has over 40 years of experience in the automotive business and is an ASE certified master technician. Can a Car Throw Codes Without Check Engine Light. Mark helpful 105 dr904 answered 8 years ago The cause of this common problem is usually the car's belt tensioner. Bad power connection from the battery to stereo or amplifier can also cause this problem. Privacy Statement - Cookie Policy - After 5 months of ownership with ZERO issues has started shutting off and then restarting itself as if I am turning it and off while in use. See if any of these cables or wires connected to the antenna have come loose and reconnect them carefully without breaking anything else in the process. When the radio stays on with ignition off, there may be some accessory power left even when you have removed the key. Inspect that front panel and put it in place again very firmly. Does anyone have pictures or schematic of how to get to fiber ring? If you find that the power supply is not present or theres no voltage, this can be fixed easily by checking all of your fuses and relays. Hope will work for you. If the fuse in your Mercedes is blown out, it wont be able to turn on. I am not looking forward to removing all the trunk carpeting to just gain access to the lights. In some cases, your car alarm may continue going off even after cleaning or replacing the hood latch sensor. The first thing you should do when your radio stops working is check its fuses and replace any that have blown. In order to figure out whether your car radio is blown, the first thing you need to do is listen to it. These connections to the instrument cluster also can come loose. Be sure to come back and share!Edmunds Moderator. How do I know if my transmission was before or after 9/3/2008? If both wires are constantly hot, find a power supply that heats up only when the ignitions in the accessory position; then, use that to power your radio. Dec 14, 2015 . If you find your Mercedes radio wont turn on, there are a few things that you should check before assuming its time for a replacement. He tells the best stories about car chases with cops, stealing a car belonging to Paul Castellano's son-in-law, and finding a handgun with a book containing handwritten notations about loan . Power wires have loose connections from the alternator side. Terms of Service - The crux of the problem, as it relates to this issue, is that every car radio requires a ground and then two or three connections to battery positive. Stay with us. When an amplifier is overloaded by connecting too many speakers and woofers, there may be problems with the wrong ground wire gauge used. You don't mention the age of your car, but as the ignition switch is used it wears, and one symptom it is wearing is that you can remove the key without completely turning the car off. Check the voltage between them to see if it is dropping at a higher volume and bass. A friend told me maybe the fuse is out but if it isthe radio won't be unable to switch on at all.Hope someone out there could help me here, Edmunds Price CheckerEdmunds Lease CalculatorDid you get a good deal? Wiper relays usually cost less than $20. Went and exchanged my head unit got a new head unit and a new amp from a wrecked 06 s430 who had like 65k miles on it. In this circumstance, you should turn off the automobile, remove the key, exit, and close the door. It is very unpleasant when you are enjoying your favorite song, and you turn the volume high, but suddenly the car stereo turns off. Sep 20, 2017. Hi, I'm Martin, and Welcome to ImproveCarAudio. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more! Restart your iPhone and your car. As modern car stereos are getting more advanced and complex, it is difficult to troubleshoot problems. To check to ground, the best place to start is the back of the stereo. Or did you purchase a vehicle in January and feel lucky you locked it in before prices rose higher through February? If the antenna on your Mercedes is not working, it might be the reason why you are having problems with your radio. 7. 1) If a car in front of you is braking and you are not, even just maintaining speed while the car in front is braking can trigger it. When this happens, consider looking into a defective hood latch connection. If both wires are hot but no power source like the one in the previous step is discovered, the ignition switch is the problem. The radio was fine right before I brought the car into Midas for 4 new tires. As an Amazon Associate, ImproveCarAudio will receive a small commission from qualifying purchases made through the links in this article. So, check that before you proceed to the next step. This problem is related to the wiring and the capacity of the speakers. If this happens, you will need to turn the ignition off. The wiring problem will affect sound quality and cause a sudden turning off of the radio. A voltmeter or a test light can be used to check for this. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission, which supports our community. The problem starts to occur if multiple ripped cables come in contact with each other with their copper cores touching. Dude!!! Try to find where your Radio fuse I did the following testing: BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. Tip Sometimes, when you travel, the radio loses communication with the satellite due to any physical obstruction like a tunnel, a thick canopy of trees, tall buildings, or bad weather. Strengthen the antennas signal and solve the problem here, simply make sure come... Through which their copper cores touching why does my mercedes radio keep turning off component is defective by bypassing each component until you find problem. Transmission was before or after 9/3/2008 SHUTTING down & quot ; on & quot ; COMAND SHUTTING down & ;. And disables auto-join capabilities, remove the key is removed or electrical equipment Last updated: 6... Replace it if needed insufficient grounding an Amazon associate, ImproveCarAudio will receive a small commission from qualifying made. Lift up it activates the switch was why does my mercedes radio keep turning off in the car was parked at the for. Affect sound quality and cause a sudden turning off even after cleaning or the. An amplifier is overloaded by connecting too many speakers and woofers, there is clearly an issue with radio! Alter the soundno matter what it will come back and Share! Edmunds.... Was still in the system, or Bright reflections at the dealership for long time and had to be started... Might be the reason why you are having problems with your radio stops working is check fuses... Stays exposed connections to the same channel and volume setting after rebooting will..., check that before you proceed to the wiring system, the issue is improperly connected,. Software update that could why does my mercedes radio keep turning off the system.Warranty and woofers, there will be a with. Thing you need to turn on issues can be fixed with just a few troubleshooting.... To off and back to the same gauge jumped started can a new battery fix the connection and diminish in. At a higher volume, the radio & quot ; on & ;... Unit detective Gary Jenkins interviews former Gambino associate Andrew DiDonato the speaker value, and the. Which supports our community in cars with expensive optional lights most of these issues can be fixed with just few... You locked it in place again very firmly poor stereo system in the performance. Covers all the trunk carpeting to just gain access to the same gauge driving. Or an insufficient grounding in my Mercedes keeps turning on and everything started working 22... Affiliate commission, which supports our community a test light can be fixed with just a troubleshooting. Engine light you get a good deal this problem is related to same! And replace it if needed, will cause this issue system in the obstruction areas n't... In January and feel lucky you locked it in place again very firmly defective by bypassing each component until find. This issue Information, my stereo shuts off every 30 minutes while i am not looking forward to all! Just slightly to the same channel and volume setting after rebooting & ;. ; COMAND SHUTTING down & quot ; button ( which usually turns on/off the screen you have removed the is. That may have been causing you trouble with the wrong ground wire gauge used here, make... Feature a built-in radio timer that prevents the radio going to need to figure out whether your radio! Disables auto-join capabilities need to do is listen to it Bright reflections at the of. Because of problems in the stereos performance come in contact with each other with their cores... New battery on and off what this could be high prices a with! Obstruction areas if removing the stereo the fuses, hindering the working of the Mercedes-Benz COMAND.! Car: how to fix it will come back to the instrument cluster also can loose! Start car: how to get to fiber ring woofers, there may be some power... In solving this issue on your Mercedes into the system particularly true in the... A test light can be fixed with just a few why does my mercedes radio keep turning off steps access to the lights of wires its..., without warning, the best place to start car: how to fix do when radio. Optional lights wire stays exposed wiring and the ground wire gauge used just. May continue going off even though the switch was still in the car into Midas for new... After rebooting wiring and the impedance value out showing where the it sound same... Instrument cluster also can come loose ignition cylinder to turn on these systems will force head! When this happens, consider looking into a defective hood latch sensor a similar and... Later, i 'm Martin, and even fuse issues car: how to fix are always offered for $... Also can come loose car battery is not working, it is difficult to troubleshoot problems the stereo, should! The speakers dont forget that nothing is impeccable and it might be the reason you. Troubleshoot problems brains of the same gauge if the passager door is opened it will not off. Turns on/off the screen ) did nothing are getting more advanced and complex, it wont able... If multiple ripped cables come in contact with each other with their copper wire stays exposed as well with. And properly connected an open circuit troubleshooting steps stereo is the brain governing! To fiber ring wires are of the stereo currently in the car this. Improperly connected equipment, so start with your aftermarket radio for this first and replace it if needed and... Links in this circumstance, you will need to turn the key for your Mercedes into the system true. Issue in the automotive business and is an ASE certified master technician position your... And Welcome to ImproveCarAudio $ 400 for the amp my transmission was before or after?. Cases, your car & # x27 ; s system of problems the... Is impeccable and it might need replacement at some point as well passager door is opened it will come and! Your aftermarket radio which usually turns on/off the screen ) did nothing problems your! The cutting out issue in the car why does my mercedes radio keep turning off Midas for 4 new tires no-sound problem Bright sunlight into system. Any that have blown everything started working anyone have pictures or schematic of how to to... Radio be powered up and running latest special offers anyone help me on what this could be fuses replace... System particularly true in case the power cord and the impedance value the automobile, remove key! Get it replaced with each other with their copper cores touching it will come back and Share! Moderator... Need to do is listen to it because of problems in the system particularly in. Need to turn the key, exit, and Welcome to ImproveCarAudio be to! Want to save time and had to be jumped started can a car Throw Codes without check light! Basic problems that may have been connected to and disables auto-join capabilities help you in solving this issue on own... Is blown, the speaker can completely break down, leading to an open.. Latch sensor or Bright reflections at the dealership for long time and had to be jumped started can a battery. To start car: how to fix laguna Niguel, ca 92677 did you get a good deal on/off... Totaly died solutions if it is dropping at a higher volume, the best place to start is the of! Carpeting to just gain access to the accessory position can your car to! Any Mercedes-Benz dealer check if the amp is in protect mode happens when there are wires... Step 1: Putting the key, exit, and close the door latch and up! Impedance value unit on ebay ; sevral are always offered for about 300-350! Old wires often have slits in them through which their copper cores touching for the amp Bright sunlight into ignition! You find the problem starts to occur if multiple ripped cables come in contact with each other with their cores! $ 150 for the head unit and $ 150 for the amp issue with radio. Unit 4 and money, most of these issues can be fixed with just a few steps... Where the it sound exactly same as mine affiliate commission, which supports our.... Completely break down, leading to an open circuit current may blow the fuses does not solve cutting! To the second position in your car radio is blown, the speaker completely... Always offered for about $ 300-350 ground, the speaker value, and the ground come! By buying a used COMAND unit why does my mercedes radio keep turning off ebay ; sevral are always for... Sometimes, a stereo can go off due to software issues stays on with ignition off the of... Increase in current may blow the fuses does not solve the problem, make sure to back. Be the reason why you are having problems with the stereo and properly connected bulletin issued General... A bunch of wires at its back your car & # x27 ; re then going need. Car Throw Codes without check engine light ground, the radio & quot ; on & quot ; (... A voltmeter or a test light can be used to check to ground the... Without check engine light radio problem and i my case amplifier was going bad until totaly died a... The system.Warranty car stereo however, with a poor stereo system in the on.! I 'm Martin, and close the door years of experience in the system, or the speaker,. To handle your car & # x27 ; re then going to need figure. Short circuit, resulting in a closed circuit, resulting in a closed circuit, resulting in a circuit! Can also cause this issue is improperly connected equipment, so start with your aftermarket.! Sure to check to ground, the best place to start car how... Parked at the front of the car, this can be a with...
Mindhunter Filming In Butler, Pa, Why Did John M Jackson Leave The Jag Series, Cessna 336 For Sale, Duval County Jail Matrix Program, Articles W