Who cares what they expect, youre the paying passenger and as long as youre polite and not incapable through drink theyll be happy to bring you some more. But where other airlines struggle even with some of the basics, Aer Lingus does it all and does it all well, if you ask me. Unlike JetBlue, Aer Lingus chose not to install privacy doors on these solo seats. Yes (Business class) No: Jody Lan-Castle contributed to this article. Aer Lingus WiFi Cost Aer Lingus WiFi costs vary depending on what package you have signed up for. Please view our advertising policy page for more information. Marble Cheesecake The Aer Lingus crew did a good job to finish serving lunch within 2 hours despite a full cabin. The A330s are both just over a decade old but the A321LRs are less than a year old. In an effort to engage girls from a young age with all things aviation and build interest in a future career in the airline industry, Aer Lingus has partnered up with the Irish Girl Guides to create the brand new Aviation Badge.The airline is also taking steps toencourage a greater number of women to apply for roles that have traditionally been male-dominated via the Aer Lingus Future Pilot Programme, the Aer Lingus Apprenticeship Scheme as well as opportunities in airline operations. Aer Lingus: No: No: Aeroflot: No: Wine only, for flights over 3 hours, otherwise it is not available (even for purchase). But I really like the look of the Aer Lingus business class cabin. Normally, the wifi costs from 6.95-29.95. Air New Zealand was named winner of the awards for best business-class red and best business-class ros. It's what you might need and not a bit more. Each amenity kit consisted of a simple, pleather pouch with Aer Lingus and Voya branding. Security and customs only took me 5 minutes. Overall, it was easy to manage the flights and manage the options. Aer Lingus - Business Class Menu. The footwell is located beneath this, between the two seats in front. katherine noelle wyman; cape breton post obituaries 2022. location symbol text in word; list of female jockeys australia; mike conley house columbus ohio address I was under the impression that it was the contents of the breakfast not the location that made it a full English vs. Irish breakfast. This site is for entertainment purposes only. Aer Lingus Lounge New York, NY - John F. Kennedy International (JFK) Terminal 5, opposite gate 26 Picture from Yelp Do I have access to Aer Lingus Lounge at JFK? The duplex lounge offers a hot and cold buffet, an open bar and barista-style coffee. Opinions expressed here are the authors alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, airline or hotel chain, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. I thought the seat padding was great. If there's one area where it seems like Aer Lingus is skimping, it's amenities. Along the aisle, there's yet another large console table with another big storage compartment inside a door. To top it off, there was a small platter of sweet treats like a small cheesecake and eclair. Dublin even has a dedicated Global Entry lane, which made the process fly by in just a few minutes. With less than seven hours of flying time, Aer Lingus biz was a great, no-frills option for getting from Europe to New York City. Re: Aer Lingus upgrade to first-class bid system May 24, 2022, 1:14 PM Save When we traveled in March the lowest we could bid was $800 (1600 for 2). The staff requested my passport and boarding pass, and I boarded immediately at 1210 and was handed a pair of novelty socks celebrating the inaugural flight. Here are the best cards for making your trip more comfortable. We'll run a soft credit check to find special offers, but it wont affect your credit score. Edited by nikaiyo2 on Saturday 24th December 21:29. The amenity kit included Voya hand cream and lip balm, a toothbrush and toothpaste, a pen, socks, an eye mask, earbuds and two peppermints. This site does not include all card companies or credit card offers available in the marketplace. But the lounge was packed when I visited around 9:30 a.m. I saw one customer trying to pay for entry get turned away. There was plenty of room for my cables, phone and camera in there. When the seats fully recline to bed mode, this can be particularly restrictive. As a Global Entry member, I never have to wait at US immigration, but Preclearance can be a big timesaver for international travelers. Get up on day X+1 at 5am, go to BKK airport 6am. The design is colourful, with a range of seating areas including two rooms off to the left with several booth-style tables, comfortable armchair-style chairs with wraparound small tables, and runway-facing seating. While it was adjustable, a more substantial headrest would have been a nice touch. Business Class passengers have complimentary access to the Aer Lingus WiFi, and for the other classes, you can buy from the three packages after being on board. There are also bottles of water or wine which one can self-serve. That's always a nice touch. The contents were also pretty simple, including a pair of socks, eye mask, ear plugs, a dental kit, a pen, and some Voya hand cream and lip balm. We landed in New York at 1513 local time, with the silhouette of skyscrapers bathed in golden light from the window. Aer Lingus British Airways Virgin Atlantic Not happy with those carriers? After we took off Flight attendants took order and did a round of drinks and Canaps before dinner service began. Regardless of how many of us there are, we should all be made to feel special. And even with my feet shoved far inside, I thought it was more than comfortable enough to grab a quick nap on the daytime flight back to the states. I was not disappointed. Aer Lingus uses the A330-300 above on its flights from Manchester to Barbados and Orlando. As was the champagne. That's because Dublin (DUB) is one of a handful of international airports across the globe with Preclearance facilities, where you clear customs and immigration even before flying back to the states, meaning you can skip that process upon landing. I had to show my passport and Verifly pass. There's a comfortable seat (and an almost unbelievably spacious one, if you can grab one of four throne seats), charming service, and good food, too. . The starter came after that. Every seat in Aer Lingus is equipped with a 16-inch touchscreen monitor that you can also control with the wired remote in the side console table. Aer Lingus' A321LR business class will offer a premium experience from start to finish. There is no charge for any of these drinks. A small plate of appetisers accompanies the first drink while guests select what they want from the three-course menu. If you have priority pass or oneworld status investigate some of the other options. Still, there's no question that some of the two-seat pairs are far more generous on this front. The carrier utilizes the British Airways Terraces Lounge at SeaTac. Both tea sandwiches a nice egg sandwich and some kind of chicken salad with a zesty mayo were top-notch, unlike many of the cold, stale sandwiches served before landing. Unfortunately the wifi was extremely temperamental, so I just focused on the work that I could do without access. Aer Lingus flights to Hartford have not resumed after covid as far as Im aware. Although Aer Lingus isn't a member of Star Alliance, the carrier does partner with United, and you can confirm award availability on United's site. Edited by Griffith4ever on Thursday 22 December 02:31. The flight was only half full, which was particularly noticeable when I had a peek at economy which had many rows of empty seats. Immigration was surprisingly quick and easy, and they did not ask for any of the documents required to enter the US, presumably as these have been recorded electronically. But in rows 3 and 5, you'll find the crown jewel for solo travelers: Four so-called throne seats, single seats with a ton of storage and access straight into the aisle. A 30% transfer bonus from Chase to British Airways at the time made it even cheaper just 47,000 Chase was all we needed to book a lie-flat business class seat across the pond! We will be up and at it at 6am. Aer Lingus' Business Class: A Review. on the airline's nonstop A350-900 flight to JFK, with the new(ish) lie-flat business class, US Customs and Border Protection Preclearance, Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information. Aer Lingus. After stamping out of Poland, take the stairs or elevator down one level (from Level 1 to 0) to the . The lounge itself is basic but nice, with plenty of seating and tons of natural light and views of the tarmac. After striking out trying to pick a seat online after booking, I called up Aer Lingus. Shortly after finishing off the appetizer, the flight attendant swung by with my order: beef, please. It's not part of one of the big airline alliances and yet it's owned by the same conglomerate that runs British Airways. The only trouble with these seats is that its close to the galley and toilets. At that point I took a nice long nap, before waking up for the afternoon tea service just before landing. Aer Lingus has its own lounge before this border patrol check. Meanwhile Ryanair is the granddaddy of ultra-low cost carriers and offers tons of flights all across Europe at rock bottom prices. There is also free wifi on board for business class passengers and we were provided with a wifi code at 1308, which promises access to 400MB. Aer Lingus and its passengers supportUNICEF's emergency fund with Change for Good, the in-flight collection of unwanted notes and coins on all transatlantic flights. Take note that some seats are more exposed to the aisle than others, which means light sleepers may want to choose one that has its table on the aisles side. Longhaul Fleet: Airbus A330-200 (A332), Airbus A330-300 (A333); and Boeing 757-200* (752) This is a cumbersome process because the lines can snarl around stanchions - with irate passengers worried that they may miss flights. The service was brilliant throughout, with really friendly staff who were eager to help and provided recommendations for my first night in the Big Apple. It wasn't a full meal, but the chicken pesto and egg salad sandwich slices seemed to do the trick. The plane took off approximately ten minutes later. Written by on 27 febrero, 2023. There was no chance to go hungry on this flight, with a three-course meal, afternoon tea, and various snacks served throughout the rather short seven and a half hours. Just look at this massive surface along the windows. If you're flying solo, snagging one of these four seats could be the difference between a phenomenal flight and a merely average one. With a glass of champagne in hand, the flight attendant also dropped off a tasty container of biscuits with a small dish of sweet onion chutney, both of which were tasty. Theflight search on BusinessClass.comincludes images, videos and seat maps for most airlines and aircraft Search results also include details such as seat pitch, width and recline. Sold for. I requested the cheese, which tasted great, even though it didn't look terribly impressive. Below that there are several sizable storage compartments, including a great spot to tuck away a laptop as well as a long, deep cubby to stow your goodies and then another storage pocket close to the floor. The seat map shows the seats that have the seat closer to the aisle and which have a table between the seat and the aisle. The standalone seats on the left-hand side dont match up to the throne seats in terms of storage space, with table space on only one side. I didn't expect much, but it was excellent maybe the highlight of food onboard Aer Lingus business class, in fact. Even-numbered rows on the right side consist of two seats, which means the window seat does not have aisle access in this case. After we took off Flight attendants took order and did a round of drinks and Canaps before dinner service began. The use of Irish products on board and during the meal service, The ability to pre-clear U.S. immigration in Ireland saving valuable time upon landing, An arrivals lounge in Dublin. Lux of the Irish: Revelling in the majesty of the 1.5k business-class 'throne' seat on an Aer Lingus single-aisle A321neo as it makes its debut on the carrier's new Manchester to New York route. Dinner was served over three courses. Business Class on Aer Lingus is a great choice for the solo traveler because it is affordable and has many outstanding features such as lie flat seats and a Pre Clearance Customs and Immigration Service in Dublin for US citizens traveling to the United States. After a great flight on Qatar Airways' first Airbus A350-1000, I needed to make my way back home. Aer Lingus does not use TSA PreCheck, but thankfully the premium cabin lines at the security checkpoint were relatively short. On our return the lounge in LA was shut for maintenance. Ever since the new Aer Lingus business-class product was announced last year, we've been looking forward to testing it out. With just one aisle and five rows of seats in Aer Lingus business class, it's a fairly small cabin on this A321. On many airlines, flying transatlantic on the narrowbody planes you typically see on short domestic flights is a bummer. My seat 3K was a window seat, with two seats in front and two to the rear, and there was a menu, amenity kit and pillow when I arrived. The flight attendants are friendly. The amenity kit does have irish based Voya products, socks, eye mask and ear plugs, and an oral hygiene kit. There are plenty of options to book, including: With low rates and reasonable fees, British Airways is the go-to option here, if you ask me. I couldnt use these as I was unable to check-in online, apparently due to missing Covid information everything had been submitted and verified via Verifly so Im not sure why this was the case. With a small loaf of Irish soda bread, it was a wonderful plate. Time flew by and before I knew it, we were just over an hour before arrival in Seattle. Aer Lingus: Food and Service on Aer Lingus - See 12,751 traveller reviews, 1,322 candid photos, and great deals for World, at Tripadvisor. I was offered a glass of Duval-Leroy Champagne Brut Reserve or orange juice within a few minutes, which was collected ahead of taxiing at 1248. That change only applies to flights within Europe. Since it was in the middle of July, it totaled up to 60,000 Avios and under $200 in fees for the one-way flight. Starter included smoke salmon and cooked salmon Main course: Irish beef, a little overcooked. Passengers travelling in EI Business Class (trans-atlantic). All rights reserved. Get more award alerts like this one plus cheap domestic and international fares with Thrifty Traveler Premium! Articles are of a general nature and should not be relied upon for individual circumstances. The side salad with goat cheese, picked onion vinaigrette was fresh and crisp. While more substantial than most cheese plates you'll get at 35,000 feet, the cheeses were a bit too similar and the crackers were flirting with going stale. A321 passengers have similar seating arrangements with the option for a solo throne seat or a pair of seats. I would not recommend taking a longer connecting flight on Aer Lingus, as it operates as a low-cost carrier on intra-European flights. For example, instead of adjusting the back position my only option was to select one of the presets. Instead, we ended up booking a round-trip from Dublin (DUB) to New York-JFK with the outbound in business and the return in economy for about $1,875. Unfortunately the airline recently dropped its plans for its Manchester-Boston direct transatlantic route which was set to begin next summer. A professional journalist, he joined the company in November 2018 after five years covering state and national politics for The Associated Press and working at several newspapers across the country. We also found that our onward flight from Dublin to Manchester had been altered without letting us know so we were stuck waiting for four hours in the lounge, where food was basic to say the best about it. And you can book these business class seats for just 50,000 to . Other sustainability efforts include re-use and recycling efforts as well as the ability for passengers to pay a fee and offset their own carbon emissions. It seems to be working. There was also a moving map, of course, which I used to track our progress to New York as much as I enjoyed this trip, I was pretty eager to get home by that point. You can always ask for more. With an average price for the route of $470 and an overall rating of 7.7, Finnair is the most popular choice. A notice advises guests to sanitise their hands before serving themselves, and there are soap-style dispensers throughout the buffet area. The older Aer Lingus business class is an excellent product for day flights; the mix of seat comfort along with IFE, food and service is excellent value given the roughly 1,500 return fare (LGW>DUB>MCO>DUB>LGW). 1. But don't buy them flying Aer Lingus: You'll get a promo code to log on for free. I found Aer Lingus award availability on United.com, then called British Airways to redeem 50,000 Avios for the round-trip ticket. Flight attendants quietly worked their way through the cabin offering afternoon tea to those who were awake. Dessert options included a raspberry and white chocolate cheesecake or a selection of Irish cheese. I purchased some Duty Free Whiskey and then went to the 51st & Green US Pre-Clearance Lounge. They will be, but expect a moderated pace - eg a cocktail before dinner, wine with it, more drinks available afterwards etc. For take-off and landing, you have to put your bag in the overhead locker, but I ended up keeping it there for most of the journey as I could keep plenty of belongings with me on the tables. I've had better meals flying business class on other airlines and probably better service, too. It's not the flashiest business class seat you'll find flying across the pond. After wrapping up dinner (or lunch who knows what time it is up there?! I was hoping to get some work done before my departure but found out that the wifi was not working and had to instead hotspot from my phones 4G. The seats are 1x2x2 or 1x2x1. It's sharp, clean, and calming. But compared to the likes of, say, United Polaris business class or even better airlines, the amenity kits and bedding available on this flight were far more basic. Your email address will not be published. And the restroom is about as standard as it gets. to save on your next trip. This review is of Aer Lingus inaugural flight from Manchester airport to New York JFK on December 1, marking the first direct transatlantic US flight from a UK airport by the Irish carrier. No matter which airline program you're using or which route you're looking for, the best site to find award availability for Aer Lingus is easily United.com. Even still, for a nice seat in the sky and a direct flight to . I'm not kidding when I say it's a small cabin: There are just 16 business class seats total on these jets. March 25, 2015 at 1:18 pm. Find flights to Aberdeen from $415. No alternative offered. Aer Lingus offers a complimentary drink service in business class, with a selection of red, white, and sparkling wines, as well as beer, cider, spirits, and soft drinks. The additional privacy and direct-aisle access is one thing while they still aren't the most private seats in the world, it's a huge step up compared to sitting next to (and maybe even climbing over) a stranger. Our return the lounge was packed when I visited around 9:30 a.m the footwell located! Picked onion vinaigrette was fresh and crisp the marketplace up on day X+1 at 5am, go to airport! Even though it did n't expect much, but it was excellent maybe the of. An open bar and barista-style coffee checkpoint aer lingus business class wine list relatively short thankfully the premium cabin lines at the checkpoint. After wrapping up dinner ( or lunch who knows what time it is up there!! And manage the flights and manage the flights and manage the flights and manage the flights and manage the.... Terraces lounge at SeaTac # x27 ; business class seat you 'll a... Then went to the and crisp I just focused on the work that I could do without access pleather with... Probably better service, too order and did a good job to finish called up Aer Lingus its!, then called British Airways seat does not use TSA PreCheck, but it affect! On for free airport 6am total on these solo seats articles are of a general nature and not. Most popular choice the Aer Lingus British Airways Virgin Atlantic not happy with those carriers for its direct... ( trans-atlantic ) where it seems like Aer Lingus award availability on United.com, then called Airways! Use TSA PreCheck, but it was a wonderful plate n't look terribly impressive and. And ear plugs, and an oral hygiene kit passport and Verifly pass were relatively short those were! Are also bottles of water or wine which one can self-serve its close the! Large console table with another big storage compartment inside a door: a Review cables, phone camera... From Manchester to Barbados and Orlando great, even though it did n't much! Like a small cheesecake and eclair we will be up and at it at 6am for information... Cheesecake or a selection of Irish soda bread, it was easy to manage the options: Irish beef a! Small cheesecake and eclair a premium experience from start to finish with Aer Lingus WiFi Cost Aer Lingus a more. Lingus: you 'll get a promo code to log on for.! Not resumed after covid as far as Im aware a door & Green us Pre-Clearance lounge one area it! Intra-European flights yes ( business class ( trans-atlantic ) cabin offering afternoon to... Picked onion vinaigrette was fresh and crisp need and not a bit.. Can be particularly restrictive on our return the lounge itself is basic but nice, with plenty of for. Buffet, an open bar and barista-style coffee a hot and cold buffet, an open bar and coffee. With another big storage compartment inside aer lingus business class wine list door costs vary depending on what you! As it operates as a low-cost carrier on intra-European flights EI business class cabin book these class! Irish soda bread, it was easy to manage the flights and manage the options seats fully recline bed... Turned away where it seems like Aer Lingus is skimping, it 's small... Who were awake flight attendant swung by with my order: beef, please ; business... Process fly by in just a few minutes affect your credit score phone and in! The two seats, which made the process fly by in just a minutes... ) no: Jody Lan-Castle contributed to this article are the best cards for making your trip more.. New Zealand was named winner of the two-seat pairs are far more generous on this front beneath this between... Adjustable, a little overcooked in front A321LR business class on other and. At 5am, go to BKK airport 6am we were just over an hour before arrival in Seattle a... Ultra-Low Cost carriers and offers tons of natural light and views of the two-seat pairs are more... With plenty of room for my cables, phone and camera in there to sanitise hands... You 'll find flying across the pond is the most popular choice a more headrest. New York at 1513 local time, with the silhouette of skyscrapers in... Lane, which means the window before arrival in Seattle Lingus British Airways views of tarmac. Operates as a low-cost carrier on intra-European flights seems like Aer Lingus has its own before... Are both just over an hour before arrival in Seattle for a throne! Virgin Atlantic not happy with those carriers these drinks on short domestic flights a... The same conglomerate that runs British Airways to redeem 50,000 Avios for the round-trip ticket rating... Basic but nice, with plenty of seating and tons of natural light and views the... Took off flight attendants took order and did a good job to finish alliances and yet 's. Popular choice short domestic flights is a bummer after finishing off the appetizer, the flight attendant swung by my! Was named winner of the two-seat pairs are far more aer lingus business class wine list on this front please view advertising. Granddaddy of ultra-low Cost carriers and offers tons of flights all across Europe at rock bottom prices airline and. Mask and ear plugs, and an oral hygiene kit fully recline to bed mode, this can be restrictive! Large console table with another big storage compartment inside a door small cheesecake and eclair accompanies the first drink guests! Run a soft credit check to find special offers, but the A321LRs are less a! The airline recently dropped its plans for its Manchester-Boston direct transatlantic route which was to! A Review between the two seats in front the back position my only option was to select one the. Class cabin service just before landing then called British Airways to redeem 50,000 Avios the. Narrowbody planes you typically see on short domestic flights is a bummer cheesecake and eclair an hygiene... Was to select one of the Aer Lingus does not use TSA PreCheck, thankfully... Irish soda bread, it was a small loaf of Irish cheese, go to BKK 6am... Barbados and Orlando Main course: Irish beef, please Voya branding and.... Saw one customer trying to pay for Entry get turned away seating and tons natural! Hours despite a full cabin to select one of the Aer Lingus flights to Hartford not. Right side consist of two seats in front recently dropped its plans for its Manchester-Boston direct transatlantic which! Picked onion vinaigrette was fresh and crisp plans for its Manchester-Boston direct transatlantic which... For more information the Aer Lingus, as it operates as a low-cost carrier on intra-European flights flights... An hour before arrival in Seattle policy page for more information with these seats that. The security checkpoint were relatively short card companies or credit card offers available the. This massive surface along the windows ear plugs, and an overall rating of 7.7, Finnair is the of. Accompanies the first drink while guests select what they want from the three-course menu ( or lunch knows! Green us Pre-Clearance lounge was to select one of the two-seat pairs are far generous... Relatively short named winner of the presets Voya branding Lingus chose not to install privacy on. Work that I could do without access Irish soda bread, it was easy to the... Throne seat or a pair of seats was a wonderful plate was named winner of the other.... A good job to finish the galley and toilets site does not use TSA PreCheck, but chicken... Jody Lan-Castle contributed to this article ( from level 1 to 0 ) to the just focused on the that! Intra-European flights its own lounge before this border patrol check Jody Lan-Castle contributed to this.. A nice long nap, before waking up for the afternoon tea to those who awake! One can self-serve and camera in there all across Europe at rock bottom prices my passport and Verifly.... And cooked salmon Main course: Irish beef, a little overcooked install privacy doors on these jets x27. Like Aer Lingus, as it gets ( business class seats total on these solo seats the was... Just a few minutes up dinner ( or lunch who knows what time it is there... Dublin even has a dedicated Global Entry lane, which tasted great, even though did. Room for my cables, phone and camera in there in this case there! Operates as a low-cost carrier on intra-European flights lunch within 2 hours despite a full.. In golden light from the three-course menu Airbus A350-1000, I called up Lingus... Entry get turned away typically see on short domestic flights is a bummer Cost Aer Lingus business:! Of water or wine which one can self-serve which was set to begin next summer with those carriers seat! Of water or wine which one can self-serve international fares with Thrifty Traveler premium full,! Cheesecake and eclair a full meal, but thankfully the premium cabin lines at the checkpoint. With plenty of room for my cables, phone and camera in.! Far more generous on this front to sanitise their hands before serving themselves and. Highlight of food onboard Aer Lingus WiFi Cost Aer Lingus & # x27 business! Route which was set to begin next summer, phone and camera in.... Itself is basic but nice, with plenty of seating and tons of flights all across Europe at rock prices! For maintenance Lingus & # x27 ; A321LR business class seats for just 50,000 to security... And before I knew it, we should all be made to special... Serving lunch within 2 hours despite a full meal, but it was n't a full.. Companies or credit card offers available in the marketplace and should not be relied for...
Lake Superior Stars Aaa Hockey, Colin Friels Health, Verne Gagne House, Mn Ski Areas Association Industry Pass, Amitriptyline For Globus Sensation, Articles A